The Climate Action Week Lagos, Abeokuta
The Climate Action Week Lagos (CAW) 2017 is one event taking place in 2 cities of Lagos and Abeokuta organized in a bid to engage Nigerians to address a global issue of local dimensions in a culturally sensitive manner. It also provides a dedicated space for prominent climate and development experts to:
- Build and sustain platforms that inspire local actions for the global goals
- Spearhead innovative approaches to engage policy and decision-makers, and generally aim to improve on the current system which is causing long-term and irreversible degradation to our commonwealth – the environment
- Identify and accelerate local solutions that help realize both development and climate goals on the ground
- The Climate Action Week Lagos 2017 is taking place from 22nd October to 28th October. This is coming at a time when Africa as a continent continues to bear the biggest brunt of climate change due to low resilience and weak capacities.
The Climate Action Week’s thematic focus areas include
- Climate lobby
- Climate tour/ excursion and community tree planting exercise
- Climate symposium (Biogas and solar energy training)
- Gender and climate change workshop
- Interfaith Dialogue on Climate change conference
- Climate Education
- Climate march/rally.
For Sponsorship and collaboration. Please call 08025424455, 09098443377. Email: Info@climateaid.org